A dental crown can restore a tooth that is imperfect or has sustained damage. Also known as caps because they completely cover your natural teeth, crowns provide strength, beauty and protection to your smile. Dr. David Throckmorton may recommend a dental crown for one or more of the following reasons:
- To restore fractures, cracks, breaks or unevenness in a tooth
- To protect a tooth that has had a root canal
- To complete a dental implant
- To repair a tooth that has significant decay
- To improve the beauty of your smile
- To anchor a dental bridge
- To support a tooth with a large filling when little natural tooth structure remains
Dental crowns are designed to match the shape, size and color of your natural teeth for a more aesthetically pleasing and functionally sound result. In many cases, your custom crowns will be created using porcelain, a tooth-colored material that closely mimics the properties of natural tooth structure, including the strength and translucency of your tooth enamel. Created and placed in just two appointments at Ocean Atlantic Dental, a dental crown can give you the healthy and beautiful smile you deserve.
Call us today at 757-498-1663 for more information about dental crowns in Virginia Beach, Virginia, and schedule your consultation with our skilled dentist!